Sunday, September 26, 2010

All About Me...from the lips of Emma Rose

Each child in Emma's PK class gets to be "Student of the Week" for one week during the school year. Next week it's Emma's turn and she is very excited. She was singing "Student of the Week, I'm Student of the Week" around the house tonight.

As part of her "assignment", we filled out a poster sent home that is "All About Me". At the top, Emma wrote her whole full name (with some help on Montgomery-- that's a doozy for a 4 year old!) and then I filled out the rest as she answered each question.

So here's All about Emma in her own words (I think you might see what was on her mind the moment we were filling it out). Her answers are underlined.

Fascinating Facts About Me:

I am 4 years old.
My birthday is July 9.
I am in this grade: Pre-K (she had to have a little help on this one...she first said "little school")
My teacher is Ms. Laxson, Ms. Ackley.
I get to school by Mommy's Car (a little help here, too-- she didn't quite understand)
These are the members of my family: Daddy, Mommy, Carol (sorry Gabby cat)
When I grow up I would like to be: A Princess.


I show others I care by...Give them a hug and a kiss.
I am a star because I can read. (Well...we are getting there!! She is recognizing the little words that they have been working on in class like "my" and "the")

These are a few of my favorite things:

Color: Dark Pink (apparently just pink wasn't a good enough description)
Animal: Ducklings (yes, ducklings, not just ducks...I think the episode of Wonder Pets she had watched before church was still in her brain).
Food: Candy (I sadly wrote that down...and then asked her what other food she liked) Mexican (that's my girl!)
Book: Princesses (i.e. any book about a princess, specifically Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Mulan or Pocohontas)
Sport: (long pause....) Ball. (why choose just one?)
Things to do in school: Play Princesses
Thing to do at home: Dress Up

Three Super-Cool Facts about yourself:
1. I can Dress Up.
2. I can put on hats.
3. I can play weddings.

And then the picture she chose to attached is one where she is dressed up in a fairy outfits, complete with wings.

We definitely have a little girl on our hands.

I love you my princess!

1 comment:

Lynelle said...

This will be a fun memory -- I am sure it will bring much laughter in the future. :)