Sunday, December 21, 2008

We have been infected...

The Montgomery household has been infected by this nice little bacteria called strep. Yuck. Saturday morning, Daniel woke up not feeling too well, and continued to get worse throughout the day. I started feeling kinda achey with a sore throat around lunch. Well, by the evening, we went to Care Now (thank goodness for Web Check-in-- we were able to wait 1.5 hours at home instead of there!), and he tested positive for strep. He was really, really sick- I haven't seen him that sick or in that type of pain in a really long time, if ever. So when the nurse practitioner was talking to him, I asked, "So if I am starting to ache with a sore throat, what is the likelihood that I also have it?" She took one look at me and said, "very, very probable." So I got my throat swabbed as well, and the test came back positive, too. So we both got shots and many meds. Blessedly, Emma has not shown any symptoms yet, which is our prayer- that she somehow escapes this. She spent the night at Daniel's parents last night, and at Daniel's brother's house tonight. So we have been able to actually get some sleep. So, slowly we are getting better! It's a great way to start Christmas vacation, but I'm glad we went on in yesterday!

3 comments:

Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista said...

i love that you have a picture of streptococcus pyogenes! i hope that the montgomery family gets to feeling better soon!

MontyG3..4! said...

Well, I try to be as scientifcally accurate as possible...notice however, that I didn't try to spell out the real name!