Tuesday, February 23, 2010

33 weeks and 4 days...

So when my ob was just kinda talking to herself at the beginning of my appointment today, "now how far along are you?" as she was checking my computer file, she said "you could probably tell me exactly". To which I responded "33 weeks and 4 days". And yes, I was exactly correct. :)

Overall, the visit went well. I only have one more 2-week appointment before I start going weekly. crazy!

The only little hiccup was over weight gain. After only gaining 19 pounds over 32 weeks, I all of a sudden gained SIX in the past two weeks. She was starting to get onto me a little bit when she checked my legs for swelling and then said "aahh...so that's where those six pounds are coming from...well, it will be nice because it will go away almost immediately!" So yes, my swelling has started again.

Back story: I swelled A LOT with Emma. At before 30 weeks I couldn't wear my rings, and by this time I was in full chipmunk, only wear flip-flop mode (one of the only nice things about being preggo in summer time!). So I was really proud of myself this time through-- ring still fits easily and no noticeable swelling in my legs. Until literally, last night. Last night when I took off my socks I was shocked by the unmistakable indentions from the bands. And then yes, I had some fun that only swollen preggo women get, making indentions in my canckles and watching them stay in. (Come on former preggo women, you know you enjoyed freaking out your husband by doing that just a little bit.) Today, I noticed my socks becoming a little bit more uncomfortable as the day went on so yeah, the swelling wasn't too surprising to me.

My dr's advice? Try to lay down for a while each day (Daniel's been helping me do that lately...or insisting that I do that once I get home from school!), increase my water intake (I feel like I drink A LOT already...but I'll completely cut out everything else except water for the next few weeks), and cut down on my salt intake. When she talked about salt she proclaimed doom over my Texan soul....you need to cut down on salt-heavy foods like Chinese and....gulp... MEXICAN.

Now does she not know that for pure Texans, Mexican is like the sixth food group that you must consume at least 3 times a week? Now for you non-Texans, that doesn't mean we go out and eat Taco Bell or at a restaurant that often...oh no...I COOK Mexican regularly ...it's one of my favorites.

So in order to try and keep from swelling up like a chipmunk on steroids...I will *sniff* do my best. All I can say is that I hope that someone brings Pollo ala Mexicana from El Paseo to me once I deliver..... oh what sufferings I must endure. :)

No comments: