Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall football games

I love my daughter.

She makes me smile.

She makes me feel loved!

This morning, she woke up while I was still home, and helped me make breakfast burritos. Daniel came up to us to say goodbye and asked her if she was going to play with Nana (my mom) today. I was holding Emma and she said "No...mama!" and pointed to me! Of course, once Nana arrived, she was waving bye at me without prompting! :)

This evening we went to a Lake Country Christian School Varsity Football game. For all of you LCCS alumni out there, yes I said football game! The guys have played so hard this year, the first year as a varsity team. There are only 16 or so players, but they have been playing so hard, losing their games by not large margins considering their numbers. Tonight, they played Temple Christian and it was a great game! Emma and I left in the middle of the third quarter, but I got an update once I was home that LCCS won 61-0! We got to see several interceptions, long passes, long rushes, long kicks...it was fun!

Emma had a good time too, especially playing with her Aunt KK (my best friend Kristen). Aunt KK had some lip gloss so Emma spent most of the first half applying lip gloss to her own lips, to Aunt KKs lips, to her own lips, to my lips, to her own lips...you get the idea! We all three have very soft lips now!

A little before halftime, she tells me that she needs to go "pah-hee" so we made a trip down the field to the potty, and we were successful!! Yea! I'm so proud of my big girl! By the end of halftime, though, she was ready for her "wii" (pacifier) and blanket and we left soon after. Such a precious sweetheart!

2 comments:

Justin said...

Yea for a "normal" blog! I am glad to hear things are going so well. We miss seeing y'all, but I am glad I have a way to keep up with you now. I especially love the lip gloss story; isn't it precious how little girls instinctively know how to be little girls?

MontyG3..4! said...

It is pretty amazing, isn't it? Especially considering I'm not the most girly of girls...sometimes want to be more than I am..but just doesn't work that way!!! :) I'm glad everything is going well you with you guys too! I keep updated on your blog, too!