Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Gift of Life...

So I did something today that I have been meaning to do for a while, but just haven't found the time/opportunity/energy to do so.

I donated blood today.

It was really easy and surprisingly painless. I think the little stick they give you in your finger first to test for your iron levels hurt more than the actual giving of blood. I almost didn't feel anything when it was time to hook me up!

As most of you know, Emma was on bypass during her first surgery at 9 days old, and she did require the precious gift of someone else's blood. I don't know (or remember) the exact numbers, but she did benefit from someone else's gift. So, it felt good to give back. And as I waited for the woman to start poking me with the needle, I just kept saying to myself...my amazingly strong and courageous daughter has been through this so often. She inspires me so.


On another, not-so-dramatic line of thinking, it's still hot in our house. But, the repair guy is coming tomorrow. I PRAY that it will be an easy and cheap fix! Keep those fans a-going!

No comments: