Sunday, October 5, 2008

What a week!


So I know it has been a long time. Last week was CRAZY!!!!

Here's the updates...


- Last weekend, Daniel went 4-wheeling with his brothers, so it was just Emma and I! On Saturday we did a lot of errands, and we ended the afternoon at Toys-R-Us, looking for bed rails to help Emma from falling out of bed. Well, they were out, but we had fun playing with the toys!Playing in the Emma-sized Jeep...
...and as we were leaving, waving to mommy from the fire engine (unfortunately, mommy did not even have two quarters for the machine...the change pocket was empty in my wallet!)
..and while she was at it, she also waved at Ernie, for good measure:
- Emma is so precious! On our way home from church group Wednesday night, we were all sitting in the cab of Daniel's truck, because that's where the car seat was. I was talking to Emma, and I asked her "Do you know where you get to go tomorrow?". She said no, so I told her "You get to go to school", meaning her mothers-day-out program. Well, her face took a second for it to sink in, and then her eyes got so wide and mouth opened into a big smile. She pointed at me and said "Ma-Ma!!!", because she knows I go to "school" every day.Unfortunately, I had to tell her that no, she was going to Emma's school, not mommy's school.
- She knows the numbers 1, 2,3, and 5. (four is still a mystery!). She not only recognizes them printed, but she recognizes them when you show her fingers, too. You can mix up the order and she can still tell you them! Four...she calls five...I think the word and vowel sounds are too hard. In the car today, she had her little play cell phone out, having conversations with who knows who, but she was finding the numbers on the phone and calling them out, and then trying to make the right number of fingers for the number, too! (Three is a little bit difficult, fingers-wise!). After playing with numbers, she then proceeded to feed her little Thumper bunny her chocolate milk, making "gulp gulp" sounds as Thumper "drank". I thank God everyday for Emma's life and joy!
-Daniel and I got a date night on Friday! How much fun! We met our friends from high school, Kim and Justin, downtown at Mi Cocina. It was such a nice night out, that we planned on eating on the patio. Well, I got there a little early, and put our names in. I was told 30 minutes-not bad I thought. Ya, it was an hour and thirty minutes before we sat down. Now, I know it's busy, and I had planned on waiting...but really, just give me a decent estimate of time. BUT, once we sat down we had a great time, and ate way too much. Daniel and I actually took a picture TOGETHER...a rare occurence!
Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

Lynelle said...

Very sweet! Numbers can be a challenge. Jairus leaves out 7 -- the funny thing is, he does it in both spanish and english. That is weird to me.

Allyson Kellner said...

ok. . .kim and justin. . .justin huntley? did he marry kim garrison?