Monday, March 22, 2010

I love beer!

Catchy title, huh? Caught your attention??

So cute things Emma has said lately...

... tonight we were snuggling on the couch after her bath watching the very end of a Star Trek episode. She called out to the TV "Get outa here, Captain man with no hair!"...refering to Captain Picard.

... we were at Chic-fil-a last week during Spring Break and she was playing in the play area. I look up, and see her lying down on a bench in the play area with a little boy about her age, leaning over like he was going to kiss her! I run in there before anything happened and asked her what was going on? She replied "we were playing Sleeping Beauty". So yeah, had a little talk on the way home that her daddy is her only prince right now and she doesn't play Sleeping Beauty with other kids or other boys.

... we have been working a lot with Emma lately about having "a good attitude"-- meaning, obeying the 1st time, not whining, complaining, etc when she doesn't get her way. At the mall a couple of weeks ago, she didn't get to play in the indoor playground after our stop because she didn't have a good attitude (it was very hard for mommy to stick to her guns when she collapsed in tears on mommy's shoulders). So for the next week, she talked about how she wanted to go back to the mall and have a "good attitude" so she could play. (and we did) Well, last week one day I picked her up from her daycare and the first thing she told me in the car is that she did not have a good attitude during nap time today for her teacher. I asked her why and she said that she was not laying still and taking a nap like her teacher told her to. Eventually her monkey had to sit by himself at a table because Emma was "not having a good attitude". It was really cute-- like she had to get it off of her chest as soon as she saw me, and knew that she had disappointed her teacher. The next day she was at daycare she immediately told me when I picked her up "Guess what mommy, I had a good attitude today for Ms. Lunsford!"

and finally....

... last week during Spring Break, Emma and I went to Target and got mommy, daughter, and baby bump pictures made on the cheap (but they turned out really well!). Afterwards, she got to have a pretzel and go visit Elmo..a common occurrence when we go to Target (although she looks at the baby dolls and Princess more than Elmo nowadays). And then I had to get a few things from the grocery side (I wish the Target by us was a Super Target!!!). When we were getting back to the car, she starts singing in a very loud voice "I love beer...beer, beer, beer...I love beer!" I asked her...you mean your bear? you love your bear? and she said "no, I love to drink beer! Don't you like to drink beer, mommy?" I told her no, and that she doesn't either. She said "yes, I do!! I love beer!" I asked her when, really had she ever had beer to drink. She immediately points to the cup that came with her pretzel.

I forgot that I had gotten her ROOT beer to drink.

1 comment:

Lynelle said...

ah yes...out of the mouth of babes. Makes me laugh! :)