Saturday, March 27, 2010

Punk'd????

So something extremely odd happened to me today....honestly one of the oddest things in my life...I really thought I was on a hidden camera, Candid Camera, Punk'd tv show.

Emma spent the night at my parent's house last night to give me a little break (Daniel is in the middle of 4 nights straight of late practices either for church or for the TCU opera--today was 12 hours of rehearsal. ugh.) So this morning I got to sleep a little bit, do some school work and then got my haircut--trying to get things done before this baby arrives!!

Well, I was heading to their house after my haircut and stopped at the MickeyD's at 20 and Hulen to grab some lunch on the go. In their drive-thru, they have 3 windows. The first two windows are for face-to-face ordering...you know they take two cars' orders at once and then you pick up your order at the 3rd window.

I ended up being positioned at the 1st window. Normally, I don't really notice who is taking my order/money (admit it, you don't always notice either) but this 19ish guy had some distinguishing features...it was just enough to catch my eye and really look at him, and he seemed to be kinda laughing under his breath at something. When I got done ordering, the woman in front of me ordering at the 2nd window was not quite done, but I scooted up a little bit so I wasn't face-to-face with window #1 anymore.

When she is paying, the guy helping her sticks her head out the window....and it was the same guy who took my order. But I was too far up to really look back at window #1. So I was like...did he really just run up to the 2nd window to take that order or are there twins working here?

So the woman finishes and goes up to the 3rd window. As I drive by the 2nd window, the guy just gave me this really cheesy smile and wave as I drove by...and yes I looked because I wanted to really see if it was the same guy...and it was--distinguishing features, remember?

So the woman is getting her order at the 3rd window and by this point I am in between the 2nd and 3rd window. The guy helping her sticks his head out of the 3rd window to give her the food and...


...IT'S THE SAME GUY!!!

So at this point, I can't look back easily at the previous 2 windows. I honestly think..ok in a few minutes I will be signing a waiver for this hidden camera stunt to be on TV...

I drive up to the 3rd window. The same guy hands me my food. I am giving him an incredulous look and he starts laughing. I was like "Ok..." and point back to the previous two windows...

He laughs really hard and says "Yeah, its true...we get good laughs all day about it."














TRIPLETS.

At this point, I can look back and see his two brothers with their heads out their own windows. He laughs and says that they switch it up so that they can each get a good laugh at the final window.

I laughed all the way to my parents house.

4 comments:

Lynelle said...

That is great! It would be worth going to that McD's just to see that. :) Thanks for sharing the laugh!

Nan said...

We all need to laugh more! Hats off to those guys. That would be so much fun.

hope trifecta said...

That's awesome....and you know that's why all three of them got hired! Clever manager for bringing in that kind of talent/publicity!

kyna said...

AWESOME!!